Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beyond Reasonable Doubt: Reasoning Processes in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Related Disorders [Kindle Edition]

Rating:
Author: Frederick Aardema
ISBN :
Product Detai
Buy New from

Traditionally, obsessive-compulsive disorder has been classified as an anxiety disorder, but there is increasing evidence that it has schizotypal features ? in other words it is a belief disorder. This book describes the ways in which reasoning can be applied to OCD for effective treatment regimes. It moves comprehensively through theoretical, experimental, clinical and treatment aspects of reasoning research, and contains a detailed treatment manual of great value to practitioners, including assessment and treatment protocols and case studies
  • File Size: 3461 KB
  • Print Length: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 4, 2005)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B001LF409K
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray: Not Enabled
  • Lending: Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,100,455 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

Beyond Reasonable Doubt: Reasoning Processes in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Related Disorders

The recent collaboration by Kieron O'Connor, Frederick Aardema and Marie-Claude Peìlissier,Beyond Reasonable Doubt: Reasoning Processes in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Related Disorders, has inspired me to believe in the reality of Recovery from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). What the authors have developed in the text provides both inspiration and strategy for resolving the deep distress caused by OCD. I realize that Dr. Kieron O'Connor and his colleagues have developed this text primarily for the clinician, but I must say that the work sheets, exercises and training cards in Appendix 2, make the text user friendly enough for most any person with OCD to follow. I am motivated to write a review of this text for one very important reason: The authors treatment strategies have helped me to recover my composure from what truly can be a psychologically painful disorder. Their Inference Based Approach (IBA) has fulfilled my need for finding a strategy which can address my deeply entrenched obsessional doubt, which, along with the subsequent checking and repeating, has plagued my life for the past 30 years. While it was doubt which had led me to relapse again-and-again, after each of my Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) Intensives, the authors IBA model has helped me to see the doubt as the lead element within my `OCD Story' which seemed to justify the doubt. IBA did what ERP alone had failed to do; illuminate as `irrelevant' my doubt-generating `vulnerable self-theme'- my fear of punishment for making mistakes - in my imagination-based OCD story. IBA seems to work by presenting a process which FADES OUT the logical, yet out of context OCD story, while FADING IN an alternative, non-OCD story. In doing so, IBA helped me to find a way out of a very real living Hell.
StoreConditionNote & ShippingPrice
New$61.17

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment